Monday, April 11, 2011

4 Hour Body {Slow Carb Diet}

I heard about The 4-Hour Body from a friend at work and after hearing about her success, I ran out and bought the book.

Adam is supporting me on this venture and today is day 1 on the Slow-Carb Diet.  The rules are simple:

#1 ~ Avoid white carbs (or anything that can be white)
#2 ~ Eat the same few meals over and over (keep it simple)
#3 ~ Don't drink calories (i.e. fruit juices, milk, soda)
#4 ~ Don't eat fruit
#5 ~ Take one day off per week and go nuts

Breakfast this morning consisted of scrambled eggs with spinach, bell pepper, tomatoes and black beans (you eat a lot of legumes on this diet) and a side of cottage cheese... it was delicious!  I tried drinking my coffee how the book suggests (with cinnamon) ... that was not delicious (I need to find a way I can still get my morning caffeine fix).

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, i've never heard of this diet! I gotta know how it's going!

    ReplyDelete